Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bob Gilligan Speaker of the House Endorses Tim Sheldon

The Hon. Robert F. Gilligan  Speaker of the House 

Endorses Tim Sheldon 

October 25, 2012

Dear Neighbor,

As my tenure as Speaker of the House comes to a close, I would be remiss if I did not share my thoughts about the upcoming election in New Castle County with my neighbors and friends.
I am proud to endorse Tim Sheldon for New Castle County Council.

I have known Tim Sheldon over the course of three decades.  Tim means what he says and says what he means.  He is one of the most decent and straightforward elected officials I've encountered in my time as your State Representative.  I consider him a friend of working families and someone we can call any time day or night to help us resolve constituent issues that impact our way of life.

Now more than ever, New Castle County needs Tim and his leadership on Council.  Tim understands land use and the need for responsible economic development in our district. He understands balanced budgets and what it takes to keep government efficient and cost effective while making sure our services stay top notch.  Further, if there is a better advocate for working people or emergency personnel and our first responders in county government, I haven't met them.  Tim's voting record and leadership in this area speak volumes about him and his good values.

Please join me in supporting our good friend and neighbor, Tim Sheldon on Tuesday, November 6th.

With best wishes,

The Hon. Robert F. Gilligan
Speaker of the House




No comments:

Post a Comment